Selling a Business with Murphy of the Virginia Region
Murphy Business is a leading Virginia Region business brokerage in affiliations with National and International Business Brokerage and Merger & Acquisition associations. These connections provide maximum exposure in selling a business yet still ensuring confidentiality.
Our experienced valuation professionals help owners realize the true value of their business to properly establish a suitable marketing plan to sell a business. The professionals at Murphy Business know the Virginia, West Virginia and Washington D.C. markets, and provide you access to the broadest number of qualified buyers.
Selling a business with Murphy of Virginia is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Call to arrange an appointment with one of our skilled business brokers to discuss the process of selling your business and to understand your business and personal goals.
- Arrange for your Virginia Region Murphy Business broker to perform a business valuation so you know exactly what your business is worth and to set a realistic price that will ensure your business sells, FAST!
- Sit back and let your Virginia Murphy Business broker handle the confidential marketing of your business, qualifying buyer prospects, managing due diligence, and overseeing the closing process.
How to Sell a Business
Murphy’s experienced professionals will be with you each step of the way when answering the daunting questions of “how to sell a business”.
- Prepare a detailed offering portfolio
- Arrange a business valuation
- Develop a marketing plan to sell a business
- Implement the plan and promote to potential buyers
- Negotiate offer to purchase or letter of intent
- Perform Due Diligence
- Finalize Closing through Financing and Funding
Partnering with the Virginia Region Business Brokerage
We provide a detailed offering portfolio above the typical one page MLS form. Going above and beyond in information gathering and presentation is just one way Murphy Business exceeds expectations to help provide information for buyers in their due diligence efforts. These efforts often help make selling a business smoother with speedier transaction times.
In addition, Murphy Business brokers can create a customized marketing plan to attract the most suitable qualified buyer. Our local and national connections and associations create a network of thousands of brokers seeking out the correct buyer.
We provide our network of banking professionals to assist the buyer with traditional financing or SBA small business loans. While providing this service we can often minimize the amount of seller financing, if needed.
Murphy Business assists sellers during each step of selling a business, even through closing. Contact the Virginia Region office today to receive a business valuation and all the information you need on how to sell a business.